17.10.11

Je T'aime... moi non plus




My body clock is ruined again. I am now so wide awake at 5 in the morning when almost everyone is sleeping and some are about to start their day. I hope I can fix this soon, sleeping early and waking up early is way healthier and it makes gives me better feelings. For late nights or should I say super early mornings like this, I love watching or listening to music. Here I posted two videos of  different versions of the song  Je T'aime... moi non plus by my two favorite icons from the sixties, Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot with Serge Gainsbourg. If you will read the history of the song, you'll figure out why there are two versions with those lovelies. I first heard this song years ago through my brother who loves listening to French music, that time it was Brigitte Bardot's version with Serge Gainsbourg.  Before hearing the song through my brother, I had no appreciation for French music at all.  This song gave me chills and made me want to listen to more French music. Hearing this makes me want to learn French so bad and I hope I will take French lessons this semester. I've been planning  to take French lessons since I don't know but I got side tracked because I want to learn Spanish too. Which do you think should learn first? Don't forget to tell me who's version you want more. Good morning you guys and good night  to me maybe an hour later.:)

8 comments:

  1. Great songs, hun! Hope you can sleep better tonight :) I hate not being able to sleep!

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being awake when your schedule affords you sleep is the worst. Try anything with Gaba in it or melatonin. Good luck!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Abi,for this wonderful posting,it's a pleasure coming by your blog.
    please check out our new posting on pencil skirts if you,ve got time
    p&c
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like both versions! i know what you mean about learning french. i'm in the process of learning german right now, but i'm not very good. the thought of trying to learn ANOTHER language scares me. even though i want to...

    --instead of an elephant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again soon.

    Great blog and i'm now following you.

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all crave a little French sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Inspiration!

    www.emerjadesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete