29.6.12

A little bit of Cambodia 2

lots of motorcycles in PP like in Saigon.
Fresh seafoods at the Central Market
Native chicken and squid.
Fried cockroaches, anyone???
Mom at the ferry boat. 
Buses back to Saigon from Phnom Penh.
Inside the ferry boat- cars, trucks, buses, etc. 

These photos were taken during our last hour in Phnom Penh. After doing a quick shopping at the Russian Market and confirming our bus ticket, we headed back to the Central market (Phsar Thmei) to try out some fresh seafood and buy fruits. We wanted to eat more but too bad we only had 25 minutes to compress because of our scheduled bus ride back to Saigon. We were not able to resist the food and decided to buy more for take away and bought some fruits too. Prices for the meal and fruits were not expensive plus the serving is just enough too. 

After our meal, we rushed back to the bus station. This time we were booked at Sapaco bus company and it's way better than the night bus we rode earlier going to Phnom Penh. It's faster and the drivers can speak in English. It's also safer to travel during day time hence avoid night buses. In between the road trip, there was a short ferry ride over the Mekong at Neak Loung. During that time, I went down the bus so hungry and thought of buying some food. That time I saw a girl vendor selling fried cockroaches. From afar, I thought it was something different and yummy but not in an exotic way. Of course, I did not have the courage to taste it. 

We arrived at the immigration around 5:30pm. The bus ride was comfortable and fast, but the situation at the immigration was very disappointing. It's very disorganized. There were no lines for the people waiting for the exit stamps. The situation was so chaotic, most were noisy arguing and pushing each other. I was so annoyed at that time that I also had a short argument with this girl who pushed me in order to be ahead of me. It was useless arguing to her because apparently, she does not speak in English. If you were there, you will hear complaints and fights here and there. That's the effect of not having a system of even just a simple line. Gosh.

We arrived at Saigon around 9pm dead tired but happy with the trip. All in all, the trip to Cambodia and back to Saigon took 22 hours, 18 hours of bus ride and 4 hours at most of going around the city. You may think that we wasted money and time for that 4 hours, but no. Our road trip to Cambodia was worth our time and energy. It's a great experience for us. Next time I'll be there, I already have an idea of what to do and where to go. Cambodia is a lovely country, I'm saying this even if I only saw little of it. I have a lot to experience and see in Cambodia. I am definitely going back there. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! And I'm glad you had a nice time there! Great blog post. Hope to see more of you soon!!
    xoxo asiahlynn
    http://asiahlyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pictures! you are so sweet!
    4 giveaways on my blog!!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it has to be very discovery and interesting travel. Great photos and you look still beautiful even in such circumstances ;)

    Hugs from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to visit Cambodia. Hopefully I could do it this year though I think I'll skip those fried cockroaches.. haha

    Nice photos!
    http://www.styleiseternal.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pics & amazing holiday!
    xx
    http://maybe-not2day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey lady!! I just stumbled on your cute blog and I’m your newest follower!! also if you want to follow back you can enter a huge Giveaway I'm having right now!

    hope to see you there, and thanks so much!!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/sponsored-giveaway-from-shabby-apple.html

    ReplyDelete